So we had a productive campground meeting on 5/18 morning! Some of you might not be up to date on our “fundraising” ability…virtually there are NONE! The HLPOA did not renew the gambling license for 2013 so we are not permitted to do any 50/50, pull tabs, raffles, bingo, anything that you “gamble” for. That being said, we have to work off of the remaining funds available from last years gaming.
- With limited funds available, we will only be having one band this season (unless we get enough donations from campers to afford another band possibly Labor Day wknd) which is scheduled for Friday night 7/5 with Drop Dead Joker (have been here before) starting at 8:30pm! They are pretty good & very reasonable. It was scheduled for Friday night as not to interfere with viewing the lake’s fireworks on Saturday night.
- We can try to do more karaoke on Saturday nights if there’s interest. There are two different campers in the park that can offer their service & will do so for tips….so as long as we can get enough tips to make it worth their effort/work. We should be able to get one of them to do so when we want to set it up.
- ONLY FUNDRAISER WE CAN HAVE: Silent Auctions! We had great success w/last years auction & since it’s the only way we can actually raise money this year we voted to do 2 this season. So starting now until July 4th we will be accepting “new & like new” item donations for the auction to start on 7/5 at Noon & run thru 7/6 4P when bidding will end. Winners announced at 8PM with payments due then (check/cash). Second Silent Auction will be Labor Day wknd! So mark your calendars, clean out your closets & garage…help support the campground!
- PLEASE NOTE: we will be having the annual Memorial Day wknd Breakfast Potluck Pitch-in Sunday 5/26 9:30am at the Shelter House. Please bring your favorite breakfast contribution, your own table service (plates, cups & utensils) & drinks. OH & your appetite! Bon Appétit
- PARENTS: Please remind your children NOT TO TOUCH THE WILD BABY ANIMALS & EGGS in the park! They will be abandoned by their Mommies & will die. We have had duck eggs & baby bunnies disturbed. Also they are NOT TO RIDE ANYTHING ON THE SIDEWALKS OR UNDER THE SHELTER. And please not leave their bikes (etc.) in front of restroom doors, someone’s going to get hurt. Thank you for your assistance in this matter!
- We have our monthly campground meeting the 3rd Saturday morning at 10AM every month (unless otherwise stated). It sure would be nice to see more attendance, new faces, new suggestions, participation on the workings of the campground. We seem to always have the same people there. The same people donating their time, ideas, etc. Don’t like how things are going…come, participate & stay informed!
I have updated the calendar page here on the blog so while you’re here be sure to check it out! This Saturday is the Wacky Family Olympics!!! Hope the teams are ready for some fun competition. Don’t forget to charge up your phones & cameras, I’m sure there will be some great photo ops! And for the Hot Dog Awards Banquet Saturday night, please contribute a side dish (hot or cold) & a dessert, Don’t forget your own table service (plates, utensils) & your drinks. The campground will furnish the hot dogs, buns & condiments. Here’s to a great, fun, safe Memorial Day Weekend!!!
- Memorial Day Kicks off 2013 Camping Season (thetipsheet.typepad.com)
- Memorial Day Celebration Ideas (wholesalecostumeclub.com)